It’s a well-known fact that a key to productivity in the office is keeping it organised.
However, when space is limited it often proves tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. Keeping some office supplies in the office and others in storage can be a useful way to manage your workspace while also ensuring you have all the supplies you need.
Gone are the days when self-storage was only used for personal use! Here are a few office items to keep in the office – and a few that should be in storage.
Office items to keep in the office
Having the right equipment in an office is a basic requirement for running a successful business. Without them, employees may be uncomfortable and unable to perform their jobs effectively.
- Comfortable furniture (this includes employee’s desks and chairs and lounge chairs you may have for customers in your reception)
- Basic kitchen supplies for employees to utilise such as coffee cups and a fridge
- Telephones, printers, computers and other essential technology
- Stationery that you will need on hand at all times such as pens and paper
- Collaboration tools such as whiteboards
However, when the designated space for these items becomes cluttered, you should consider self-storage.
Office items to keep in storage
Working in an office with limited space means that everything that isn’t necessary for day-to-day use, should be put in storage. These items include:
- Excess furniture (such as backup chairs and desks)
- Excess office supplies (such as boxes and boxes of pens)
- Archived documents
- Your business promotional branding (such as gazebos and banners)
- Collaboration tools (when not in use as they can take up a lot of floor space)
Deciding which office items to keep in the office and which ones to place in storage can make your office a more welcoming place that promotes productivity and brings calm to an otherwise chaotic world.
By renting a StorageWise self-storage unit, you can free up valuable space in your office for other, more essential, items. Overall, separating your office items into different locations can be a practical and efficient way to manage your workspace.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your business and keep your teams happy, call StorageWise today on +353 61 446 302 or visit our Business Storage options to learn more!