What can (and can’t) I store?
Believe it or not, a self storage unit can be used for much more than just storing extra stuff during a move. In fact, they can come in handy for a wide variety of different uses – both big and small, including as a base of operations for your startup business venture. While a quality self storage unit can be a blessing when office or household space is tight, it is important to know what you can and cannot store before packing up those boxes.
To ensure that you don’t waste time packing up the wrong items, we break down what can and cannot be allowed in a self storage unit.
What can I store in a self storage unit?
With StorageWise, you can store almost anything in your personal or business unit! With traditional warehousing often taking a big chunk out of a startup’s capital, a business self storage unit allows you to store a wide selection of office or personal items in a secure and temperature-controlled space for as long or as short as you need.
A few of the items that can be stored in a unit include (but are not limited to):
- Office furniture such as desks, chairs, filing cabinets, etc
- Small or bulky equipment
- Clothing or extra uniforms
- Confidential documents for archiving
- Marketing material and props
- High volumes of stock and inventory
Whether you only require a small space for secure document archiving or a much larger unit to expand your business, StorageWise has all the space you need and then some!
What can’t I store in a self storage unit?
To ensure the ongoing safety of our staff, tenants and facility, the following items cannot be stored in a self storage unit for any length of time:
- Any living items such as animals or plants
- Hazardous materials, including flammable liquids and explosives
- Any items that could decompose, such as exposed foodstuffs
- Unauthorised or illegal goods, including but not limited to firearms and stolen property
- High-value items that would be better stored in a personal safe or safety deposit box, such as fine jewellery
Our business self storage units are available in a wide variety of sizes, designed to meet the storage needs of freelancers, startups and well-established businesses. With units starting as small as a locker and going all the way up to 250 sq. ft, you will have all the space you need while keeping costly warehousing fees to a minimum.
If you are ever in doubt as to what you can or cannot store in one of our units, do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our friendly team of storage experts will gladly guide you through the process and put you at ease.
Get in touch
Interested in booking this service, chat to our team today.